[Discussion] Just some thoughts

travis at librenetwork.org travis at librenetwork.org
Thu Apr 4 15:51:26 EDT 2019

Hello -

This is just a general note about the project and some thoughts I had
and wanted to share. Initially, this project started off as the Orlando
MeshNet. At the time, I was living in Orlando and learned about the
darknet project. Shortly after that, I learned about The Free Network
Foundation (FNF). I don't know what happened to the FNF - it had a lot
of great momentum behind it but then it eventually dropped off. The
website is sort of online still (with SSL errors) and the wiki is a bit
of a mess. I've been working on moving as much information as I can over
to our wiki - wiki.librenetwork.org. Sadly, items such as images are
lost.

I hope to contribute what I can and maybe make LibreNetwork a "v2.0" of
sorts of the FNF. I think it's a great idea, there's a good philosophy
behind it, and would love to pick up where the FNF left off.

If you're interested, I do invite you to join
discussion at lists.librenetwork.org